Limited Reopening of St. Patrick
UPDATE: May 16, 2021
Dear Parishioners of St. Patrick Catholic Church,
The new Mass schedule is as follows: Masses will be celebrated Tuesday-Saturday 6 p.m. (6 p.m. Vigil on Saturday) and on Sunday at 8 a.m. (Spanish), 10 a.m. (English) and 12 p.m (Chant).
Please be aware of these preliminary items:
- The St. Patrick Catholic Church campus, exclusive of the church itself and hall (bathrooms) during Mass, will remain closed until further notice. The adoration chapel is indefinitely closed. The entire campus is completely closed on Mondays.
- The general dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation remains in place for all persons in the Archdiocese of Portland.
- Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk. Vulnerable, at-risk and otherwise concerned persons should remain at home. Fr. Tim is permanently immunocompromised and therefore more stringent contact precautions are utilized at St. Patrick’s. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.
- The live-streaming of Masses will continue until further notice. This includes the daily 6 p.m. Mass, the Saturday 9 a.m. Mass and the Sunday 10 a.m. Mass.
- Confessions are heard on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and Sundays from 1-2 p.m. On Sundays the Eucharist will be exposed during the confession period.
- Donation boxes are positioned at the entrance to the church in lieu of a collection. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
Guidelines for attending Mass:
Step 1: Ensure that you are not ill. Any persons who are ill, elderly or immunocompromised should remain home.
Step 2: Determine if you are willing and able to aid in the sanitization of the church post-Mass. Each Mass will require 2 persons to sanitize the church after each Mass.
Step 3: For those who wish to maintain social-distancing, the right side of the church has been reserved. The spots are clearly marked with green signs attached to the pews. Retain a distance of 6 feet between you and any other person unless they are in your household. Up to two persons may sit a singular sign.
Step 4: Communion will be distributed in a circular, clockwise motion through the church. Please do not attempt to come down the center aisle.
Step 5: Approach the priest one at time. You may receive either in the hand or on the tongue, but the stipulations in Step 7 remain binding.
Step 6: Return to your pew in an orderly fashion and sit in the exact same place you were seated before.
Step 7: At the end of Mass please exit the church so as to allow for proper sanitation.
Step 8: After all persons have exited the church, the 2 sanitation volunteers will begin sanitation.
You are all in my prayers daily! I look forward to seeing you in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass soon. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 222-4086.
Fr. Tim Furlow