Baptism not only purifies from all sins, but also makes the neophyte “a new creature,” an adopted son of God, who has become a “partaker of the divine nature,” member of Christ and coheir with him, and a temple of the Holy Spirit – CCC 1256
Baptisms take place on the Third Sunday of the month after the 8:00am and 10:00am Masses.
These are the requirements for baptism:
- Family must be registered and regularly attending St. Patrick
- Completed Registration Form
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Completion of Baptism Class for both parents through St. Patrick
- Suggested offering: $30
These are the conditions to be a godparent:
- Practicing Catholics in good standing with the church
- Over 18 years old
- Single or married in the church
- Completion of Baptism Class through St. Patrick. (If your selected godparents are not parishioners of St. Patrick, a "Letter of Good Standing" from their pastor must also be submitted . These can be requested at thier parish office.)
One godparent is enough. If there are two godparents, they must be male and female. Though a non-Catholic Christian cannot be godparent, they can be a witness (provided there is also a Catholic godparent).
Please email to register for baptism classes and schedule your child's baptism. firstname.lastname@example.org 503-222-4086
The next Baptism Class is on Friday, January 6 from 6:30-8:30 PM in the Parish Hall. Registration Required.
First Holy Communion & Penance
The Eucharist is the heart and the summit of the Church's life, for in it Christ associates his Church and all her members with his sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving offered once for all on the cross to his Father; by this sacrifice he pours out the graces of salvation on his Body which is the Church. – CCC 1407
Registration for the 2022-2023 preparation class is now open to all baptized children ages 7-8. There is no fee to participate.
Classes will be held weekly on Sundays from 9:10AM-9:50 AM.
Please print out the registration form and email it back to us or drop it off at the office.
Dear Engaged Couple,
Congratulations on your engagement! We are so happy that you are inquiring about the marriage preparation program at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Portland, OR. This document will help guide you through the steps of our marriage preparation process and elucidate the program’s expectations.
At St. Patrick we believe, teach, and uphold what the Catholic Church believes, teaches and upholds concerning the sacrament of marriage. The Church teaches that marriage is a lifelong covenant between a man and a woman for the spiritual and material good of the couple, and for the generation and education of children.
Who May Celebrate a Wedding In Our Parish?
All weddings conducted at Saint Patrick must be those which are in conformity with the teachings of the Catholic Church. For a couple to be married at Saint Patrick, one of two conditions must be met:
1. The bride or the groom is a registered, active, and regularly contributing member of Saint Patrick and has been so for at least three months prior to the commencement of their six-month marriage preparation period. To be an active member means attending Mass every Sunday and supporting the parish financially.
2. When a couple is able to provide their own priest and the church calendar permits, consideration may be given to hosting a wedding for guests, or non-registered Catholic bridal parties. Non-registered guests must obtain a "letter of permission" from their own parish. Please note that there is an additional fee for non-registered bridal parties seeking to celebrate a wedding.
Beginning the Process:
Please review the Marriage Protocol and then submit the inquiry form. Once you have completed the inquiry form, you will hear back from our Marriage Preparation Coordinator.
Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family – a domestic church. – Pope John Paul II
Youth Confirmation is open to baptized teens who have received the sacrament of Holy Communion. The next classes will begin in 2023.
Parishioners ages 18 and up are invited to join us for our annual adult confirmation class. If you have received the sacrament of baptism & the sacrament of first communion, you’re invited to attend in order to be confirmed by Archbishop Sample in 2023.
For more information on adult confirmation, please contact the parish at email@example.com.
Anointing of the Sick
To receive the sacrament of the anointing of the sick, please call the office at 503-222-4086.